alp n : any high mountain
- to devour
Middle High German
EtymologyFrom Old German alb, 13th century.
- Marshall Jones Company (1930). Mythology of All Races Series, Volume 2 Eddic, Great Britain: Marshall Jones Company, 1930, pp. 220.
Alp may refer to:
- an alpine pasture
- a high mountain, especially of the Alps
- a bullfinch, a type of bird
- Alp, the German term for a nightmare or incubus (see Elf)
- an obsolete word for elephant
- Alp, Spain, a village
- a Turkish honorific, see Alıp
- Alp 2500, a ski resort in Spain
ALP or AlP may refer to:
- ALP (automobile).
- ALP (Australian Labor Party)
- Arthur Loves Plastic, an American electronic music band
- Alkaline phosphatase, a hydrolase enzyme responsible for dephosphorylation.
- Alpine, Texas, USA, from its Amtrak station code
- Althorpe railway station, United Kingdom, from its National Rail code
- Aluminium phosphide
- Access Linux Platform.
- Acute lead poisoning, medical slang for a gunshot wound.
- Alien Loves Predator
- Aleppo International Airport, Syria, from its IATA airport code
- Anna Livia Plurabelle of Finnegan's Wake
- Appliance Link Protocol
- Average Labor Productivity, see Exogenous growth model
alp in German: Alp
alp in Esperanto: ALP
alp in French: ALP
alp in Korean: ALP
alp in Italian: ALP
alp in Dutch: Alp
alp in Japanese: ALP
alp in Turkish: Alp